Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
How do I create a Contact page?
First, please be sure that you have installed and activated the Contact Form 7 plugin.
Creating the form
- On your WordPress Dashboard, navigate to Contact > Add New
- If you would like your contact form to display in English simply click “Add New”, otherwise, select your desired language
Along the top of the contact form’s settings box, there are 4 tabs: Form, Mail, Messages, and AdditionalSettings.
“Form” tab: you can choose how your contact form will display with some simple HTML code.
“Mail” tab: you can set up who your messages are sent to and how they will be displayed.
Please be sure to navigate to the “Mail” tab and insert your own email address within the “To:” form.
“Messages” tab: Adjust default messages visitors will receive in various situations.
“Additional Settings” tab: Option to add custom code snippets if desired.
- Once finished setting up your form, click the “Save” button.
- A bit of code snippet will be generated at the top of the page, highlighted in blue. Copy this code snippet as we will then paste it into a WordPress page.
Creating the page
- Create a new “Contact” page (via WP Dashboard > Pages > Add New) and add it to your navigation menu if you have not already done so. ( If you’re not sure how to add it to your menu, please see this FAQ article: How do I set up my navigation menu? )
- Copy & paste the generated contact form short code into the text box on the create/edit page screen
- And, voila! Your new contact form will appear when the page is published.