Inside the Applique main theme files you will find default.po and default.mo files. This .po file is basically a list of all the text strings used in the theme files in English language, and .mo file is just the compiled export from .po file and is used by WordPress to translate the theme. Unfortunately, you need to translate the files manually, and then you need to save the translation file with your language code,
For example: fr_FR.po or nl_NL.po
For more info see here
So this is the full steps of translating the theme using Poedit:
- Get Poedit, you can get here http://poedit.net/
- Start Translating
- Go to your theme files installation and navigate to wp-content > themes > breena > languages. Open default.po using poedit.
- Choose the line you want to translate and then check the lower part of the Poedit window where you will find a text area to add the correct translation.
- When you are done translating all needed strings save the file with your language code, for example: po. The corresponding .mo file will be auto created. Make you save the file in the previous ‘language’ folder.
- Updating The Translations Catalogue
You will need to do this when new strings included after theme’s update. By doing this the Poedit will register new strings to your previously translated .po file, so you don’t need to do it again from scratch.
After you updated the theme on the new version, go to your theme files installation and navigate to Wp-Content > Themes > Breena > Languages. Open default.po using Poedit. Find update button on the top of the software windows and save your file after you translated the new strings.