Your browser cache, also called Temporary Internet Files for some browsers, serves as a folder where some items such as images, photos, or even entire websites are stored or cached. This is so visiting frequent websites takes less time and allows them to load much faster. There are times when simply refreshing the page is not enough, and you have to clear your browser cache to solves some issues.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Cllck the Open Menu icon found on the upper right corner of the browser. The icon will look similar to three stacked bars.
- Click the Preferences option, and switch to the Advanced tab.
- Once in the Advanced tab, switch to the Network tab.
- In the Cached Web Content section, Click the Clear Now button to clear your browser cache.
For Google Chrome
- Click the Customize icon fo
und on the upper right corner of the browser. The icon will look similar to three stacked bars.
- Click the Settings option, and switch to the History tab on the left side.
- Click the Clear Browser Data… button.
- Select The Beginning of Time option from the dropdown menu, make sure that only the Cached Images and Files option is checked.
- Click the Clear Browsing Data button to clear your cache.
For Apple Safari
- Click the Safari option in the top menu bar.
- Click the Preferences… option, then the Preferences window will pop up.
- In the Preferences window, switch to the Advanced tab. Once there, make sure the Show Developer Menu In Menu Bar is checked.
- In the top menu bar of Apple Safari browser, you will now see a Developer option.
- Click the Developer option, then select Empty Caches option to clear your cache.
For Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools icon found on the upper right corner of the browser. The icon will look similar to a gear.
- Click the Internet Options option from the dropdown menu. This will bring up the Internet Options window.
- In the General tab, click the Delete… button under the Browsing History section.
- Make sure that the Temporary Internet Files and Website Files option is checked.
- Click the Delete button to clear your cache.